Email Counselling Service
Email Counselling involves the client typing their feelings, problems or concerns and sending them via Email. The assigned Counsellor takes the time to read and respond with a well-thought-out therapeutic reply. Clients can send emails anytime, this provides the opportunity to offload and release thoughts that are cluttering the mind.
How does Email Counselling work?
Email Counselling services are easily accessible, all you need is a personal email address to send and receive. It's very convenient and gives you the time to write about the issue that you require support for. This also means that you can express your thoughts and feelings as they occur, rather than waiting for several days until the next session.
The Benefits of Counselling via Email
- Available worldwide, 24 hours a day
- Sessions are securely conducted via encrypted email
- You decide where and when you write to your Email Counsellor and how frequently
- You have time to consider your situation and put your feelings and thoughts into words
- Your Email Counsellor has time to carefully consider your problem before replying
- You have access to a written response that you can re-read and consider before responding
- There is less pressure on you to respond to any question or suggestion, as there is in face to face sessions
- You can choose to be anonymous
- Accessible whether you are on holiday, at home, at work or housebound
- Choose between using a computer, smartphone or tablet for sessions
- Researchers at the University of New South Wales and St Vincent’s Hospital have conducted studies that show that online treatments are just as effective as face to face Counselling.” University of New South Wales, September 2009
- Read more about the advantages of using email counselling by Dr Greg Mulhauser, who has an educational background in Counselling, Philosophy and Mathematics, he is also the Counselling Resource site founder and publisher.
Can I have the same Email Counsellor?
We believe in strengthening the counselling bond, you will be supported by the same Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story.
Our Counselling via Email Service is heavily discounted, you can save 25% off all package service bundles. Discount bundles of 3-9 sessions are valid for 60 days. The 12 session email counselling bundle is valid for 90 days, while the 15 session bundle is valid for an extended 120 days.
Follow 3 quick steps to receive Counselling via Email - Select, Pay and Send.
1. Select amount of sessions
2. Pay - via PayPal, debit or credit card or pre-arranged bank transfer.
3. Send your email. You will receive a therapeutic response as soon as possible.
Email Counselling Instructions
- Please choose whether you would like a single or package service.
- Simply click on the button and make your payment securely or contact us to make an online/telephone bank transfer.
- Send your email (up to 1000 words) within 3 days to Faith, our experienced Psychological Therapist and Email Counsellor at our secure email counselling address. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
*Ensure you check your spam/junk folder for a response.
*You may have read in the media that the older Hotmail and Yahoo accounts, at times, have issues receiving/sending email. So you may wish to use or sign up for the more stable and secure Gmail.
How many Email Counselling sessions should I book? - According to therapeutic guidelines and good practice, counselling is most beneficial with a minimum of 6 - 15 sessions. However, some clients may require mid term support which lasts for 4 months - 1 year or long term psychotherapeutic support for up to 2 years. Most of our new clients follow the suggested minimum amount and initially book 6 sessions and save 10%.