Telephone Counselling for Companies
The latest figures from the Health & Safety Executive 2017/2018 show that 595,000 people are dealing with work-related Anxiety, Stress or Depression. This has resulted in 15.4 million sick days. These numbers relate to the employees who have been able to address their issue, it doesn’t account for the many more who haven’t.
As a member or employee, you may be entitled to Telephone Counselling which is paid for by your organisation, company, workplace or charity. The aim is to help employees and members deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health and well-being. This added support of Employee Assistance Programs can be valuable to organisations who wish to improve the quality of life of their members.
Telephone Counselling provides a comfortable environment where clients can offload while receiving therapeutic support and encouragement. It is important to connect with professionals that you can trust. The Online Counselling Service offers a safe atmosphere for clients to speak openly without fear of criticism or judgement. Our caring and compassionate Telephone Counsellors provide worldwide therapy for a wide range of issues. Our personalised sessions are discreet and convenient. If you're interested in offering online or telephone therapy to your members/employees please view the rest of the page and then contact us
Benefits of Company Counselling
- Access the service from anywhere using a landline or mobile phone.
- Allows clients to talk openly, ask, vent, receive fresh insight and be listened to.
- Hear the voice of your Telephone Counsellor; this can be very calming in times of distress.
- It is convenient, clients may be housebound, travelling, caring for small children/elderly parents or may have no support system to enable time away from home.
- It can be less intimidating than face to face and there is no stigma attached.
- Save - we incur calling costs and phone you!
Confidentiality is an integral part of our telephone counselling service.
- All calls remain strictly confidential.
- Your telephone number will not be shared with anyone.
- You will never be contacted by phone at any time other than for pre-arranged counselling sessions.
*Please note, client counselling information will not be shared with any employer, charity or organisation other than payment requests/receipts and confirmation that counselling sessions are taking place with OCS. Details about what is discussed in sessions remain confidential between client and Counsellor. Privacy is important to us!
Company Counselling sign-up steps
To use this service all clients need an OCS reference code from their employer, organisation, company or charity. Unique reference codes are provided to organisations that we have made arrangements with.
1. Make a request or accept the offer of Counselling from your employer, organisation or charity. They will make payments on your behalf. They can use the PayPal buttons below or make an arrangement with us to use online/telephone banking or BACS.
*If you're making the payment yourself and will be reimbursed you can make a selection from the payment buttons below.
2. You will be provided with an OCS reference code from your employer, organisation or charity.
4. You will receive a welcome email from your assigned Counsellor. (Ensure that you check your spam/junk folder for a reply).
Your Counsellor may provide you with further information via email and arrange your initial session date/time. If your pre-requested slot is available it will be confirmed or alternative availability will be provided for you to choose from.
5. You will then have your pre-arranged session with your Counsellor at the agreed time/date.
We believe in strengthening the Counselling bond, so you will be supported by the same Telephone Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story. Telephone Counselling sessions are up to 45 minutes long.
To allow the booking process to go smoothly, please ensure that the individual wishing to receive the counselling does the above-mentioned sign-up. It is important as it shows a willingness to undertake therapy. It also helps to:
*Give the new client and counsellor an opportunity to exchange key information.
*Keep in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as we are not permitted to contact a client without their consent or to use their details submitted by a third party without permission.
How many Telephone Counselling sessions should I book? - According to therapeutic guidelines and good practice, Telephone Counselling is most beneficial with a minimum of 6 - 15 sessions. However, some clients may require mid term support which lasts for 4 months - 1 year or long term psychotherapeutic support for up to 2 years. Most of our new clients follow the suggested minimum amount and initially book 6 Telephone Counselling sessions.
Make your payment
Payments for Telephone Counselling are made via the free and secure payment method Paypal. A PayPal account is not required to make payments as all major debit and credit cards are accepted. Simply make your selection, click the payment button and follow the prompts. After your payment is complete you will receive an email notification and receipt from PayPal.
*Companies, organisations and charities wishing to make payment via online and telephone banking or BACS can contact us to arrange this.