VoIP Skype Counselling
VoIP (Voice over the Internet Protocol) is the technology used to transmit voice communication over the internet. VoIP Skype Counselling, also known as Counselling via Skype is similar to Telephone Counselling, the difference is that calls are conducted via the internet using online messengers such as Skype to facilitate voice chat. All calls are free wherever you are in the world.
How can Counselling via Skype help?
VoIP Skype Counselling brings the personal voice into therapy sessions which can be helpful in building a trusting Counselling relationship. The service allows you to address your problem, be it past or current and your concerns about the future. If there's anything that's affecting you it's worth exploring. Skype Counsellors can assist you to manage your situation and work on changing how you see it
Why should I choose VoIP Skype Counselling?
- Available worldwide, 7 days a week
- You can talk openly and express yourself verbally rather than through written word
- You hear the voice of your Online Counsellor; this can be very calming in times of distress
- You do not have to type
- The service can be accessed from the comfort of your own home
- There are no calling charges; this is particularly beneficial to our overseas clients
- You have the option to remain anonymous
- Convenience - you may be housebound due to disability, caring for small children/elderly parents or have no support system to enable you to spend time away from home
- If you travel often will still have access to the service
- Allows expatriates to access English speaking Counsellors while overseas
- 500 clients in Ontario, Canada were assigned to face to face or live Video Counselling and experienced statistically the same clinical outcome and level of patient satisfaction. American Psychiatric Association, 2007.
- Learn more about the advantages of Online Counselling via Skype by John Lee, the Editor of 'Choose Help' addiction support website. John has a Degree in Psychology, for over 5 years he researched and authored articles, blog posts and E-Books on Mental Health.
What do I need to have for a VoIP Skype Counselling session?
To access the Counselling via Skype you'll need a microphone and speakers, both of which may be external or built into your computer, tablet or phone. You'll need to have a messenger ID and internet connection. The quality of calls can be equally as good as the telephone, the added bonus is that there are absolutely no call charges. Skype is a free international VoIP provider; it provides instant messaging, video calling and voice calls over the internet. It's very popular, works extremely well and is also encrypted.
What are the steps to receive Counselling via Skype?
1. Select the amount of sessions
2. Pay for your session - via PayPal, debit or credit card or pre-arranged bank transfer
3. Email us - provide your day to day availability, your Skype ID and brief details about your issue/problem. Your slot will be confirmed via email, please check your spam/junk folder.
All payments for VoIP Counselling are made via the free and secure payment method PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account as all major debit and credit cards are accepted. We also accept online/telephone bank transfers.
VoIP Skype Counselling fees and instructions
- Choose whether you would like a single or package service.
- Simply click on the button and make your payment or contact us to make an online or telephone bank transfer.
- Within 3 days, email us brief details on what you wish to talk about in your session, specifying whether you require Counselling or Coaching. Please also inform us of your Skype ID/Username, your general day to day availability and your preferred date and time range for your session.
- If your preferred slot is available, you'll be contacted via email as soon as possible to confirm the time to meet online, or alternative availability will be provided for you to select from. We believe in strengthening the Counselling bond, you will be supported by the same Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story. VoIP Skype Counselling sessions are 45 minutes long.
How many VoIP Skype Counselling sessions should I book? - According to therapeutic guidelines and good practice, counselling is most beneficial with a minimum of 6 - 15 sessions. However, some clients may require mid term support which lasts for 4 months - 1 year or long term psychotherapeutic support for up to 2 years. Most of our new clients follow the suggested minimum amount and initially book 6 sessions and save 10%.
We also accept online/telephone bank payments. Contact us for details.
1 VoIP session £55
3 VoIP sessions £157 (save 5%)
6 VoIP sessions £297 (save 10%)
9 VoIP sessions £421 (save 15%)
12 VoIP sessions £528 (saving 20%)