Instant Messenger Counselling
Instant Messenger Counselling, also known as Instant Chat Counselling, allows the client and counsellor to interact and respond back and forth via text. Sessions take place in 'real-time' via the internet using IM. Communicating with an Online Therapist can be a tremendous support system during difficult times.
Does Instant Messenger Counselling help?
Instant Messenger Counselling is an excellent resource for swift feedback which can be very comforting for those in need. With the opportunity to re-read your instant chat messages at a later time, you can gain a clearer understanding of your feelings and actions. This can help you to implement changes where necessary and create a better quality of life.
Chatting to your Online Counsellor via Instant Messenger is flexible. Most clients have apps like Skype, Whatsapp or Google Hangouts on their mobile phone. You can text in the park, while on the bus or in a cab, during a break at work, in a hotel overseas or relaxed at home. Our clients who have hearing difficulties and those who are housebound have found instant chat sessions to be convenient.
Instant Messenger Counselling:
- Is available worldwide, throughout the 7 day week
- You can type a question or comment and receive instant responses
- You can save a copy of your session to review later
- Can suit you if you prefer not to speak face to face or via the phone
- Can be accessed from home, work, overseas or on the go.
- You only need an internet connection and an instant messenger I.D to have a session
- You can remain anonymous.
- You may be housebound, caring for small children/elderly parents and have no support system to enable you to spend time away from home. Instant Chat Counselling allows you to get help from wherever you are
- Gives you access to the service even when you're on the go
- Allows Expatriates to communicate with British Counsellors while overseas
- A 4 year Johns Hopkins University Study of close to 100,000 veterans, showed that the number of days that patients were hospitalised dropped by 25% if they chose Online Therapy. These results were slightly better than the number of hospital visits experienced by patients who used face to face counselling, Psychiatric Services, April 2012.
- Learn more about the benefits of online counselling shared by Sarah Fader, Author, Mental Health Advocate and Founder of Stigma Fighters. Sarah has also been featured in Psychology Today, The New York Times and The Huffington Post.
Which device can I use for Instant Messenger Counselling?
You have the choice of using a computer, laptop, mobile phone or tablet for your session. To use the service you'll also need a valid Messenger I.D or Whatsapp number. The Online Counselling Service aims to make your experience as comfortable as possible. We make it a point to have text sessions via instant messengers that you're familiar with, we use Google Talk Hangouts, Skype and Whatsapp. Instant Chat Counselling is secure, we use additional software that encrypts and authenticates messages.
All payments are made via the free and secure payment method PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account as all major debit and credit cards are accepted. We also accept online and telephone bank transfers.
Instant Messenger Counselling fees and instructions
- For Instant Messenger Counselling services, please choose whether you would like a single or package service.
- Simply click on the button and make your payment or contact us to make an online/telephone bank transfer.
- Within 3 days email us brief details about what you wish to text about in your session. Please specify whether you require Counselling or Coaching. It would be helpful if you would include your Google Talk-Hangouts, Skype ID/Username or Whatsapp telephone number. Please also inform us of your general day to day availability and your preferred date and time range for your session.
- If your preferred slot is available, you will be contacted via email as soon as possible to confirm the time to text online, or alternative availability will be provided for you to select from. We believe in strengthening the Counselling bond, you will be supported by the same Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story. Instant Chat counselling sessions are 45 minutes long.
How many Instant Chat counselling sessions should I book? - According to therapeutic guidelines and good practice, Counselling is most beneficial with a minimum of 6 - 15 sessions. However, some clients may require mid term support which lasts for 4 months - 1 year or long term psychotherapeutic support for up to 2 years. Most of our new clients follow the suggested minimum amount and initially book 6 sessions and save 10%.