Telephone Counselling Service
Telephone Counselling provides you with a comfortable environment to offload. Clients can receive therapeutic support and encouragement while talking to a counsellor via the phone. Some people don't have regular access to the internet. Others may simply prefer to talk and hear the voice of a professional that they can trust. Telephone Counselling is well suited for that.
Telephone Counselling is convenient
Telephone Counselling services offer a safe atmosphere, you can speak openly to caring and compassionate Telephone Counsellors without fear of criticism or judgement. Worldwide support is provided for a wide range of issues. All you need is a landline or mobile to have Counselling over the phone. You can speak from wherever you are with no worries about having to travel, this saves time and reduces costs. You'll receive personalised Telephone Counselling sessions that are not only affordable but comforting too.
Many clients with limited time opt for Telephone Counselling. As well as having sessions from the comfort of your own sofa, you can walk and talk in the park, speak while on the go or during a break at work. Telephone Counselling is also very flexible and convenient for our disabled and housebound clients, sessions are accessible while relaxed at home.
What are the benefits of Telephone Counselling?
- Available 7 days a week, worldwide
- You can share, ask, vent, receive fresh insight and be listened to
- You hear the voice of your Telephone Counsellor; this can be very calming in times of distress
- Access sessions from anywhere via landline or mobile phone
- You may be housebound due to disability, caring for small children/elderly parents and have no support system to enable you to spend time away from home, Telephone Counselling is very convenient
- It can be less intimidating than face to face counselling
- If you travel you can still have access
- Expatriates can speak to English speaking Counsellors while abroad
- Columbia University conducted 14 studies, they found Telephone Therapy just as effective as face to face and predicted Telephone sessions would replace face to face therapy in many instances. CNS Spectrums, May 2005.
Is Counselling over the phone confidential?
Confidentiality is an integral part of Counselling. At OCS:
- Your calls remain strictly confidential
- Your telephone number will never be shared with anyone
- You'll never be contacted by phone, other than for pre-arranged telephone counselling sessions.
Telephone Counselling fees and instructions
- Choose whether you would like a single or package service. If you are overseas you may wish to have Counselling via Skype or Whatsapp instead as all international calling is free.
- Simply click on the button and make your payment or contact us to make an online/bank transfer.
- Then email us brief details, within 3 days, about what you wish to talk about in your session. Please specify whether you require Telephone Counselling or Coaching. Include your telephone number, your general day to day availability and your preferred date and time range for your session.
- If your preferred slot is available you will be contacted, via email, as soon as possible to confirm, the time or date for the call or alternative availability will be provided for you to select from. We believe in strengthening the Counselling bond, you will be supported by the same Telephone Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story. Telephone Counselling and Coaching sessions are 45 minutes long.
How many Telephone Counselling sessions should I book? - According to therapeutic guidelines and good practice, Telephone Counselling is most beneficial with a minimum of 6 - 15 sessions. However, some clients may require mid term support which lasts for 4 months - 1 year or long term psychotherapeutic support for up to 2 years. Most of our new clients follow the suggested minimum amount and initially book 6 sessions and save 10%